Monday, January 30, 2012

Leapster Explorer Mayhem

Dallin owns a Leapster Explorer from Leapfrog. It is a game system kinda like a Nintendo DS but all the games are Educational. So he ends up doing reading, math, science and history on it instead of those other video games, I am trying to not get into those for a very long time. Keely even likes playing on it. The one advantage to this system is that as the kids knowledge grows the games become more complex. It grows with them by the age level I set. Anyways the games for this thing are very small and I was always finding them everywhere.

So I went on an internet search and tried to find something that I could make to keep these little buggers all together. I came across this site and under Kid stuff I found what I was looking for. A Leapster cartridge roll-up. http://www.deliliahdesigns.blogspot.com  I got to work looking for the things that I needed to make one of these for Dallin.

 I cut two pieces of fabric, one for the back and the other for the inside. 

I found this net bag in the bathroom for some toys that I wasn't using 
and decided I can use this as my pockets so you can see thru it to see 
the games.

I measured how big I wanted the pockets to be so that I could fit the 
games.  The example that I found on the web was for the older
 Leapster and those games are much bigger than what we have. 
So I had to adjust my sizes. 

The pockets are pinned to the right side of this fabric for the inside. I also
added some elastic to the bottom so it would close. I stitched across the 
bottom of each pocket and then down the middle of the whole thing.

Then I put the other piece of fabric on top with right sides together and 
stitched around, turned it ride side out and stitched around it again. 

 Now he has a small case to keep his games together and it
 is easy for him to use.  Keely even likes to use this too.


1 comment: