Friday, April 17, 2009

It's Potty Time

Well Monday I came home from MOPS and while Dallin was taking a nap, I decided I was going to put big boy underwear on Dallin and try to start potty training him.
So he woke up and I took his diaper off and tried to put the underwear on, and that boy stood there naked for 10 minutes pleading with me not to put them on. I was determined to get this going, so I held him down and put them on him. All while he is screaming and crying. I did get them on him and he continued to cry in his bed for a bit. I left him alone until he stopped crying, and then decided to check on him. I explained that he had underwear on and that he needed to tell me when he had to go potty. Because we don't pee in our underwear. And if he went pee in the potty then he would get a penny to put in his jar. (I got that idea from Diana, thanks)
He has been wearing the underwear during the day ever since. He has done great. Only two small accidents, which he realized what was happening and finished on the potty. We even made it through Walmart and a doctors appointment with no accidents. If I'd known it was going to be this easy I would have started months ago. That was the last "baby"thing we needed to get rid off. Diapers....he still wears them to sleep though.
WE ARE SO PROUD OF DALLIN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment